Local Club Service Projects
The Zonta Club of Niagara Falls, New York club theme is “Women’s Development is World Development”. We strive to improve the lives by:
- Promoting strategies to prevent violence against women;
- Funding awards for girls and women of exceptional ability and talent;
- Supporting programs aimed at improving women’s health, safety, and economic and political status;
- Encouraging mentorship, friendship, and networking among members;
- Improving the legal, political, economic, health, educational and professional status of women through service and advocacy.
It’s NOT your fault
It’s Not Your Fault-Sexual Assault is a Crime is service project that our club designed in collaboration with our local domestic abuse shelter to relieve the shame and guilt felt by sexual assault victims and encourage them to get immediate help.
Half a million women die annually in childbirth, many from infection, tetanus and other complications.
The contents of a birthing kit are intended to promote hygiene in childbirth and thus preventing the most common causes of related infections.
Lighthouse Women and Children Center
Lighthouse Women & Children Center is ministry in the City of Niagara Falls. We reach out to our community by providing food, clothing, toiletries and the Good News of Jesus. Each month we host The Rose Cafe for women, Kidz Club for children, and The Lighthouse Cafe (a coffeehouse for the general community). Lighthouse Women & Children Center holds outreaches throughout the year according to holidays.
(Formally The Magdalene Project)
Passage House Shelter
Passage House Shelter is a fifteen-bed domestic violence shelter, serving Niagara Falls, North Tonawanda and Western Niagara County. It provides free emergency shelter in a confidential location to individuals who are victims of domestic violence and their children. The shelter is staffed 24/7 and someone is available to respond to the needs of victims of domestic violence and their children any time of the day or night.